1. Don’t continuously run the water while brushing your teeth. Instead, fill a cup to be used during rinsing and use only that amount.
2. Turn off water while bathing. Get wet, turn it off, soap up and rinse off.
3. If it’s yellow let it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down.
4. Repair any leaks in your plumbing – any drips add up-no drips is the key!!
5. Install dual flush toilets and/or waterless urinals where allowed.
6. Water your yard no more than twice a week- before 8:00 A.M or after 6:00 P.M.
7. Capture rainwater from your gutters and use it in your yard.
8. Use drip irrigation where possible.
9. Wash only full loads of laundry & use Front Loading washing machines. If possible, use the wash water to irrigate your yard.
10. Plant shrubs and trees that need less water- native plants are your best choice.
11. Run dishwasher only when fully loaded. A dishwasher uses less water than hand washing.
12. If washing dishes by hand – use a dish pan and throw the soapy water on plants outside – not down the drain. This will also help cut
down on pesky bugs that eat on your plants.
13. Use captured rainwater or waterless products to wash cars, not city drinking water or well water – it’s too precious to waste on a car.
14. Wash in an area that allows water to soak into the ground.
15. For hot water demands, install a circulating pump that moves water from the hot water line to the cold water line. This will provide hot
water much sooner with greatly reduced waste. Check out Chili Pepper products.